Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Crafter is Back!

So it's been a while since I posted here. I've been slightly busy moving and having a baby, okay? I have been more into sewing than card-making/paper crafting but I've been busy with all kinds of things. Here are some of my recent crafts:

Sewing:

I had some old shirts in a pile to give to Goodwill so I stripped a couple of them, ruffled the strips, and sewed them onto a new white shirt I only paid $2.50 for. Then I made little fabric rosettes and sewed them onto the top and bottom. I have more of these t-shirt refashioning projects in mind and I'm pretty excited about them!
My sister taught me how to make these cute fabric flowers. You can make them into clips or headbands or corsages. You can even clip them to your purse or diaper bag.
I got this pattern from here. I can't wait to try it in all different sizes and fabrics. It was really easy to do, even if you aren't great at sewing (which is me).

Cards:

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! The hot pink shirt is from Target. It's their Converse line. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your ruffle shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little crafter you are. I really want to make some of those shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shirt! I just learned how to do fabric flowers and I wanted to put them on a shirt or something, I never thought of doing the ruffles that direction. It looks really good, and I loved Penny in her adorable dress on Sunday. Love that material!

    ReplyDelete