Sunday, January 25, 2009

My First Zipper!

I always have a hard time finding skirts that I like because I get a picture in my head of what I want before I go shopping and then of course I can never find it. This week I decided to try to make a skirt so I could design it and pick out the material. I didn't want an elastic waist so I also decided to try out sewing a zipper on for the first time. It was way easier than I thought and I love the way my skirt turned out!

I had some extra fabric so I am going to make my niece a matching skirt. More pictures to come!

Also, I have found a new love of accessorizing and making my look unique. I had these little felt flowers in my stamping stuff and decided to try them out on my shoes to match my top!

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute and I love the skirt and shoes! I like you alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve this! DId you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that I have those shoes, without the flowers, of course. Target special? I love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes. I want to see you and Cadence together in your skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica! Very Cute!! I love this outfit and you did a great job on the skirt!

    ReplyDelete